Giving some break to my Tech Hacks writing and getting back to strategy again ( it is about switching gears all the time !) .
I have been working through the years on many initiatives and they have varied in scale as well complexity but there are common pieces to the over-all strategy that are very critical for making Technology work towards delivering Growth.
I have put the tenants through a visual that will help connect the dots along side definitions which will help build the context. Let us go over the definitions one by one:
In today’s world this is bedrock for any industry and/or strategy. Be it pure play tech idea or tech enabled , the word tech seems to glue itself with firm roots into the foundation of any business model
Potential needs to exhibited by using technology has grounding principle. Unless we architect and design products , services and/or solutions in a manner that they can demonstrate potential value , the Technology lever does not effectively come into play.
Producing endlessly products , services and/or solutions is not a great idea and hence engagement with potential users is of great value. The earlier they get integrated into feedback cycle the faster you are able to generate feedback to either go ahead or trash the concept. Sometimes , the potential users may get confused with the value proposition but showing persistence in providing answers to their relevant problems via engagement helps to solidify over a period of time the connect with the potential.
Without Growth there is nothing that can be achieved. The subtle difference between output and outcome lies in how well are you doing on your growth hypothesis. Engagement provides for evaluation of potential , Growth makes it real!
For growth to operate at stable levels and maintain a steady ship , it requires Scale which has to be provided by Technology. The Scale is driven by
- Inversion of Control(IOC)
- Separation of Concerns(SOC)
Leave enough on table to help drive growth to next level without creating bottleneck.
- Technology needs to Show Potential
- Potential needs to Steer Engagement
- Engagement Shapes Growth
- Technology Supports Scale
- Scale Sustains Growth
Obvious Benefits For Teams
- The connected 5S strategy becomes very self-explanatory in defining how we have to rally our teams to focus on creating value from the technology
- The teams can be given clear goals that are aimed at working towards a more coherent strategy
- Create iterable development model that can operate with constant feedback loops
- From business or customer standpoint , the value drivers are clear on how potential can be monetized
I hope these insights are useful for the next big what you might be planning and as always for any feedback , questions or comments please leave it on the post!