Australian Open-2022 has symbolized that game always wins ! Ever more it has led to creation of history in both women’s and men’s category of singles ! It has been a story of grit , patience and endurance , which I feel are important qualities to imbibe in today’s time , be it personal or professional life.
Ash Barty Vs Danielle Collins Australian Open 2022
- A game win of straight sets in final 6-3, 7-6 (2) over Danielle Collins
- Ash Barty won the first set with one service break
- Ash Barty was down 5-1 in the second set after dropping serve in the second and sixth games. Barty dominated after taking the set to a tiebreaker, racing to a 4-0 lead
- Barty has ended Australia’s wait for a local women’s champion. By reaching the final, she became the first Aussie in the last match of the tournament since 1980 and by winning the title, she has become the first Aussie since Chris O’Neil in 1978 to lift the title – ending a 44 year wait
Nadal Vs Medvedev Australian Open 2022
- Rafael Nadal has beaten Daniil Medvedev 2-6,6-7,6-4,6-4,7-5
- The game lasted for 5 hours and 24 minutes
- Rafael Nadal won his second Australian Open title and lifted a record 21st Grand Slam trophy
- Coming from two sets down in the title clash, Nadal rallied to defeat Daniil Medvedev
Public life , especially of sports personalities has lot of influence , impact and expectation generation from society. Carrying the ‘world No. 1, top seed’ targets on her back, and hopes of a nation on her shoulders, Ashleigh Barty became the first Australian player to win the Australian Open singles title since 1978. During the fortnight that ended a 44-year wait, Barty had her full repertoire on display. The kick serve aka “the hopper”. The one-handed slice, two-handed drive backhands. The forehand dripping with heavy topspin. Risky drop shots, opportune volleys, and the all elite overhead. Playing a team sport gave her a sense of belonging, made her a better person, says her Big Bash coach Andy Richards. You have to learn skills to created differentiation lest you end up doing different things as opposed to doing it differently.
Watch more here for analysis
Doubts of Rafael coming back have surface every now and then. When 2013 began, many people doubted if it was possible for Rafael Nadal to win a Grand Slam again. His knee injury had taken a toll on his health as well as his career. Later half of 2021 , a month and a half after the recovery from foot surgery entering into Australian Open , left him wondering if he would even make it to Melbourne, and a month after he had Covid, which also interrupted his preparations, Nadal is back as champion and for now, the most successful of the lot!!
It is amazing to see how throughout an incredible career the hunger for titles and sheer enthusiasm for the sport is maintained & sustained . No matter what the obstacle is or the advancing of time, winning brings joy of that equivalent to his first win!! We need to have that spirit of hunger in ourselves if we have to keep going!
Mind power over body power. It was true in 2013 & is also now ! It is not possible to simply come back from a career threatening injury and start hitting the big shots. Physical prowess is great but it is Nadal’s mental fortitude that has been the mainstay of his rise to the top of the game. Nadal knows how to train his mind in order to get the results he needs.
Nothing in writing can convey the spirit of the sport and the inviduals who make it glorious.